Full time, permanent role, based in Christchurch
Antarctic Heritage Trust is a New Zealand-based not-for-profit with a vision of ‘Inspiring Explorers’.
Through its mission to conserve, share and encourage the spirit of exploration, the Trust cares for the remarkable Antarctic expedition bases of early explorers including: Captain Robert Falcon Scott, Sir Ernest Shackleton and Sir Edmund Hillary. It shares the legacy of exploration through outreach programmes and encourages the spirit of exploration through exciting expeditions to engage and inspire a new generation.
This new role reporting to the GM Commercial & Partnerships will develop a culture of fundraising to sustain and grow revenue, working closely across this tight knit organisation.
Your focus will be to:
- Contribute to the strategy and implement a programme to raise funds
- Identify and create donor plans, applications and approaches and help develop a culture of fundraising and donor stewardship
- Utilise Trust alumni and networks to identify potential donors, gift opportunities and bequests
- Develop relationships with stakeholders such as Alumni, Corporate Sponsors, Funding Partners, Foundations & Trusts
- Work with management to identify fundraising events and opportunities
- Manage the Trust’s fundraising database, produce reports tracking fundraising activity and work with the communications team to develop funding collateral.
Candidates of interest will have proven experience in a fundraising or business development role, with a track record of delivery against funding targets and an understanding of donor care. You will be an effective communicator with strong networking skills, able to confidently represent the Trust at events and work collaboratively with a diverse range of people across multiple stakeholder environments. You will have excellent administrative and organisational skills, likely have a tertiary qualification and desirably worked in the culture, heritage or educational sector.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 26 July 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click Here to view the Candidate Briefing Information.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.
To apply use application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org